Enjoy my interview with Bruce Hayes, who completed the Boston Marathon on Monday, April 17, 2017. Bruce talks about how challenging this year's race was for many runners. The heat took its toll on many of them. Bruce had the opportunity - and seized it - to help several runners struggling near the end of the race. His heart for helping others pours out in this interview.
Some of what you'll hear in this interview:
- Boston Marathon
- The importance of hydration
- Signs you might be dehydrated
- The running family simply loves to help one another
Boston Marathon Qualifying Times:
|18-34||3hrs 05min 00sec||3hrs 35min 00sec|
|35-39||3hrs 10min 00sec||3hrs 40min 00sec|
|40-44||3hrs 15min 00sec||3hrs 45min 00sec|
|45-49||3hrs 25min 00sec||3hrs 55min 00sec|
|50-54||3hrs 30min 00sec||4hrs 00min 00sec|
|55-59||3hrs 40min 00sec||4hrs 10min 00sec|
|60-64||3hrs 55min 00sec||4hrs 25min 00sec|
|65-69||4hrs 10min 00sec||4hrs 40min 00sec|
|70-74||4hrs 25min 00sec||4hrs 55min 00sec|
|75-79||4hrs 40min 00sec||5hrs 10min 00sec|
|80 and over||4hrs 55min 00sec||5hrs 25min 00sec|
Quotes from Bruce:
- "If anybody says they're disappointed in you, they need to be slapped. I can't imagine someone being disappointed in you for putting your best effort forward."
- "I'm just grateful that God gave me the ability to finish another 26.2"
Learn more about my TwoTim47 mission at www.TwoTim47.com
Support my mission at: Patreon