What you'll hear in this episode:
- The 2017 Patrick Henry Half Marathon
- Some times we chase the finish line, sometimes we chase redemption
- When a stomach bug tries to stand in the way of you and the finish line
- The difference in "runner" friends and "non-runner" friends when it comes to pre-race advice for battling an illness
- Coconut water - the runner's miracle drug
- PRs are nice, but some races it's huge just to cross the finish line
- No matter what you're dream, one common denominator for making it happen is hard work.
- Meliss Platt - From Spina Bifida to marathoner
- Developing a "can-do" attitude
- "I'm not an inspiration, I'm no different than you are. I do what God gives me the strength to do."
- Drawing strength from Meg Cross Menzies
Introduction and closing song: One Flame to Burn (Prospect 7)
A special thank you to my friend Rachel Wood for sponsoring today's episode through Patreon.
If you would like to comment on this podcast you can contact me and leave a comment at:
My google voice number which will go to a voicemail: 804-496-1112
Email me at: email@example.com
You can financially support this mission at my Patreon Page - TwoTim47
Visit my TwoTim47.com website: TwoTim47.com